Thursday, May 21, 2009

Everyone else is stuck in a meeting, but I'm not...

Hey all,

I'm starting a blog (obviously). My main reason for starting this is to show off my photography, so here's some photos.


The other day I was stuck at the Questa Ranger District offices in New Mexico while Mom, Dad, Bryce, and Eva were in a host meeting (yes, not even Eva would come play with me), so why'll they were all being boring, I put my macro lense on my camera and went and took these pictures.


Best. Picture. Evar.


Ants are a pain to take pictures of - little buggers won't hold still.



There was this little canal that was only about 2 feet across, and there were tons of spiders sitting on the webs they had spanning this canal. I even saw one eating a fly... unfortunately that was while my camera was locked in the car.


Eva... after the meeting was over.



The day before I took these pictures I watched Harold and Maude, so this quote was fresh on my mind:

Maude: "What flower would you like to be?"
Harold: "I don't know. One of these, maybe."
"Why do you say that?"
"Because they're all alike."
"Oooh, but they're not. Look. See, some are smaller, some are fatter, some grow to the left, some to the right, some even have lost some petals. All kinds of observable differences. You see, Harold, I feel that much of the world's sorrow comes from people who are this, [she points to a daisy] yet allow themselves be treated as that [she gestures to a field of daisies].

6 comments:

  1. Yeah Devin. I really like the pic of Eva - what a sweet little face. Also, I love the Harold and Maude quote - it's perfect. Thanks for sharing with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weehah! I have a feeling I'll be linking to this blog a lot.

    Sweet photos; it's a whole different perspective: I thought the ant was a rock climber at first, and I thought Eva was Lisa.

    Also, about 30 seconds after you left the meeting, Eva was begging me to take her outside to try to find you (I did, but we couldn't). In my opinion, that -- asking a 5-year-old to leave a government training meeting -- is one time where you DO NOT take no for an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny, I thought Eva was Lisa too!!
    I love your pictures, Dev! I'm excited you'll be posting them so I can see more of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy .. Eva must be a Petersen b/c Jess and I both thought the same thing. I LOVE the best picture evar .. I'd have to agree. Great job, brother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Bryce, you're right (that I should have dragged Eva from her grandmother's arms), but I wasn't thinking clearly. I just had to get out of that room as fast as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pics Devin! I didn't realize what a great photographer you are. Good job!

    ReplyDelete